Thursday 13 January 2011

Back to the drawing board...

I decided from a young age I'd keep education down to a minimum as there's no substitute for experience over academia. Whenever it's crucial to train and learn new skills it's good to get a mixture of learning through doing it rather than just burying your head in books. I know that what looks good on paper does help you avoid making the same mistakes, but too often you hear about people who've gone through university only to end up flipping burgers to pay off their debts and normally end up in something completely unrelated to what they studied.
It's funny how so many people have a dream in their heads and then never choose to follow it. My wife said to me yesterday that people walk away from a dream for a reason, which got me thinking - there are too many excuses (nearly all bad ones) for why you will sell yourself short.
Take my job for example, it's not where I wished to be by this stage. Perhaps it's a dream to be happy and doing something you love and indeed getting paid for it is the real treat! Reading a few books, looking about online and researching things through speaking with honest folk who will tell you how it is makes all the difference. Just today I had a visit from an educational set up which are looking to help me follow my artistic passions and potentially through a course with them and give me assistance in getting a job at the end of it. I'll keep you posted with if I get in or not... but let's hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment