Saturday 8 January 2011

Birthday's improve with age!

It's funny hitting a milestone such as your 30th birthday, you'd think that by now I'd have a better idea about what I want and so on but actually it seems less and less like the case as the years roll by. Take for example your 18th birthday, there's such a hype about it and expectations run so high that if it doesn't seem to end up with someone (or usually quite a few) being particularly ill for the next few days and perhaps someone ending up in A&E, it isn't classed a success.. then there's the 21st which seems to be largely in the same vain as the 18th (and no doubt the years in-between).
Maybe it's me getting a little older and possibly wiser, but the days of drinking and staying out until the small hours seem less appealing and having quality time with those I love and having good company is much more important - and besides, it's nice being able to remember the event afterwards!
As this is my second or third year here in London it's also a bit like being spoilt for choice but restricted by circumstances. Sure I could blow a hole in my wallet but I don't wish to be stuck with debt either - now I really do feel old! HAHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment